Starting in the 2019-20 school year, CHSAA began to pilot esports as a competitive activity.
The current games being available for play are League of Legends, Rocket League and Smite. There will be one season, which will run from October to January.
Esports teams will be co-ed. There will be no classifications, and the fact that matches are played online means there are no travel costs associated with the activity.
Fall 2020 Season - Key Dates:
- Preseason begins: Monday, September 21
- Early registration deadline: Thursday, October 1
- Registration/activation deadline: Friday, October 9
- Regular season begins: Monday, October 12
- Playoffs begin: Monday, December 7
- Playoffs/championship: TBD
- League of Legends: Tuesdays, 4pm (full schedule here)
- Rocket League: Thursday, 4pm (full schedule here)
- All other games (schedule TBD)
Connect with a Super Coach
Super Coaches are teachers, administrators, IT professionals and coaches who are current esports coaches! They started right where you are and have created a successful esports program at their own school. Get in touch with a Super Coach if you have any questions about getting started, coaching or just esports in general. They would be happy to answer your questions!
Past State Champions
- League of Legends: Cherry Creek (Video)
- Rocket League: Rock Canyon