Following approval of plans, wrestling's postseason picture is clearer today.
Both regionals and the state tournament will feature individuals competing in brackets.
The following is specific information about each postseason round.
- Dates: March 5-6.
- 112 student-athletes may participate on Day 1. Weight classes: 106-145 for boys, 100-127 for girls.
- 112 student-athletes may participate on Day 2. Weight classes: 152-285 for boys, 136-215 for girls.
- 16-athlete brackets.
- The top 2 in each boys weight class at each regional qualify for state.
- The top 4 in each girls weight class at each of the two regionals qualify for state.
- Dates: March 12-13.
- Two single-day tournaments, at a single site.
- 2A & 3A boys on Friday, March 12.
- 4A & 5A boys, and girls on Saturday, March 13.
- 8-athlete brackets.
- Full consolation bracket.
The state championship site will be announced in the near future.
This is the first sanctioned season for girls wrestling.