Use the form below to request a media credential through the CHSAA office.
Due: Sept. 15
By submitting this media credential request, the media outlet, through its appropriate liaison, is agreeing to the following regarding the issuance and use of the CHSAA Media/Photo Pass:
Member schools of the Colorado High School Activities Association request that the CHSAA Office issue all-activities credentials to working members of the media in covering their events. These credentials, issued each school year, entitle the bearer entry to all regular season, tournament and playoff events conducted by the CHSAA member school wehend providing written, broadcast or photographic coverage of the event.
The CHSAA has high expectations for media outlets and their representatives. These expectations address the ethical and appropriate demands of a large and diverse membership.
The proper use and issuance of all CHSAA media passes is the responsibility of the media outlets. When the outlet submits its credential request, that outlet is agreeing to the CHSAA Media Policies. The outlet is required to agree/certify that:
- The outlet liaison has read the CHSAA Media Policies Handbook in its entirety and is familiar with its contents;
- CHSAA Media passes are the property of the Colorado High School Activities Association;
- It has properly vetted its representatives and no representative for which a pass has been requested has been convicted of any sexual or inappropriate conduct with minors;
- Passes are to be used by working members of the media only;
- Any unauthorized use of the pass(es) will result in the revocation of current credentials and non-issuance of future passes;
- Provisional Passes will be issued at the discretion of the CHSAA and limited by outlet size and audience;
- Passes may be revoked by individual schools, school districts or CHSAA personnel for unauthorized use, or inappropriate actions.
Further the CHSAA membership has a right to expect bearer of the CHSAA Media Pass to exhibit professional behavior, respect student privacy, provide truth, accuracy, fairness and impartiality in his/her reporting, and accept accountability for his/her actions while covering CHSAA events.
COVID-19 Pandemic Note: Schools and/or school districts will have the final word on how media may or may not access contests during this unprecedented time.
CHSAA recommends no practice access be granted to maintain health and safety of all concerned. The decisions will be the sole determination of the school/school districts based on recommendations from local, county, state and federal health guidelines.
At CHSAA events, passes will be issued up to five days in advance of an event. After that, provisional passes may be accessed on site, with a letter from the assignment editor.
Media members are expected to cooperate with these decisions.