The following jobs are open at the CHSAA office:
- Assistant Commissioner.
- Assistant Commissioner.
Job title: Assistant Commissioner
Application Deadline: Feb. 21, 2019
Starting Date: July 1, 2019
CHSAA is the governing body for all interscholastic activities throughout the state of Colorado. It was founded in 1921 and currently has a membership of 359 public and private voluntary members.
Our Mission: In pursuit of excellence the CHSAA strives to create a positive and equitable environment in which all qualified student participants are challenged and inspired to meet their highest potential.
- Trustworthy, thought-leader, a team-centered professional with a high level of integrity, character and leads with their administrative "WHY" within the Association’s mission.
- Provides a strategic and visionary leadership component that will enhance the Association’s role in serving interscholastic activities in the state of Colorado.
- Knowledge and experience with the interpretation of CHSAA bylaws and the ability to implement and enforce policies and procedures to ensure statewide compliance.
- Implement and administrate written policies and duties as assigned at the directive of the Board of Directors, the Commissioner and Associate Commissioner.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to effectively establish relationships and positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity, geography, classifications and levels of leadership.
- Develop short and long term plans for responsible and sustainable management of operations, improvements and developments in collaboration with CHSAA staff, membership, coaches and invested parties.
- Knowledge and experience in administration of interscholastic activity/athletic events. Committee and postseason administrative support with CHSAA events/staff is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communicative skills a must. A demonstrated ability to conduct and present at the state and/or national level.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments, multi-task and possess strong time-management skills.
- Master's Degree Required.
- Demonstrated leadership in athletic administration.
- Experience with Association Operations (committees, site-host, think-tanks, tournaments, etc).
- General office computer skills/social media.
- Full-time position that includes weekends, nights and travel
Time-line for Process:
- Resume, a personal letter of interest and three phone references (no letters) must be submitted to the CHSAA office no later than 3 p.m. on February 21, 2019 for consideration. Please send only the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You will be notified by email when information is received.)
- Finalist will be notified and interview dates scheduled on February 28, 2019. A notice of appreciation will be forwarded by email to non-finalist by March 2, 2019.
- New Assistant Commissioner(s) will be announced on or before March 14, 2019.
- Starting at $95,000.
- Company vehicle/all expenses.
- Employee health, dental, vision, and additional incentive plans.
- Additional benefits as communicated at interview.
The Colorado High School Activities Association is an equal opportunity employer.