The following jobs are open at the CHSAA office:
- Executive assistant.
POSITION TITLE: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
This position is responsible for assisting an Assistant Commissioner, Associate Commissioner or the Commissioner in their duties, which include but are not limited to the assistant in routine correspondence to member schools and constituents, editing and correcting specific athletic and event specific publications, assisting in the planning, implementation of athletic, and activity events. Assists in the preparation of athletic and activity advisory meetings. In addition, the person in this position will also be responsible for basic clerical duties such as answering phones, making copies, etc. as well as providing help for office wide mailings and all CHSAA events requested. This is a year-round position with modified summer hours. The required work schedule is Monday through Friday with occasional work on weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Efficient in Microsoft Outlook and managing emails in a timely fashion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Two to three years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administrative Duties:
- Understanding and assisting the Association with implementation of designated sanctioned events.
- Update, edit and post all designated sport and activity bulletins along with other designated CHSAA-wide documents.
- Update documents electronically as designated.
- Responsible for routine correspondence to athletic/activity directors and member schools.
- Answers telephone, routes calls, takes messages, provides routine assistance and information to caller in a professional manner.
- Organize and schedule designated meetings.
- Take minutes for designated advisory meetings.
- Participate and provide support in staff wide mailings and projects.
- Assist and support all office staff when needed.
- Ordering designated event wide products such as t-shirts, tickets, and awards in a timely manner.
State Event and Tournament Planning:
- Provide assistance in making venue arrangements.
- Assist in compiling and distributing tournament brackets.
- Assist in providing correspondence and information to all participating schools and CHSAA staff.
- Retrieving roster and game time information from all participating schools.
- Generate and edit all state event documents.
- Create state tournament floor and worker passes.
- Assist in corresponding, delegating, and organizing all volunteer workers with administrator.
- Taking inventory and ordering all necessary tournament supplies in a timely manner.
- Assist in providing correspondence and information to tournament officials with the official’s administrator.
- Coordinate internal assistance with each event.
- Be available for additional assignments per CHSAA administrators.
- Coordinate site management meetings prior to events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of customer service practices to include greeting, addressing member schools and the general public’s concerns.
- Knowledge of office administration and common office machinery (computer, copier, printers, telephones, etc.)
- Communication with the general public.
- Organizing and prioritizing.
- Managing time and projects.
- Communicating and using interpersonal skills with all levels within the Association, as well as the general public, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction in line with position.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- Utilize positive, professional communication skills, both over the phone and in person.
- Adapt to unique, fast-paced and changing situations.
- Be self-motivated and work independently
- Demonstrate attention to detail, offer new ideas and concepts that may impact efficiency and reduce costs.
- Identify and recommend solutions to problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Coordinate and complete projects on time.
- Produce quality, accurate, timely and reliable results.
- Remain flexible and open, demonstrate support for organizational changes and improvements, communicate changes effectively.
- Mentor others and set a good example.
- Exhibit sound judgment.
This is a sedentary position with moderate physical effort (lifting up to 25 pounds).
This position’s day-to-day duties reside in a typical office working environment. Championship and other miscellaneous Association events take place at various locations in the Denver metro area and around the state.
Candidate must submit:
- A one-page letter expressing interest in CHSAA Executive Assistant position
- A professional vita
- Three phone references (cell phone number preferred)
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT TO:
Director of Business Operations
TIMELINE, APPLICATION PROCESS
- Announcement of position opening: May 3, 2019
- Deadline for receipt of applications: May 24, 2019
- Selection of candidates to be interviewed: May 24, 201 9
- Interview candidates: May 28-30 , 2019