Weather contingency plan for basketball regarding weekend snowstorm

CHSAA assistant commissioner Bert Borgmann sent the following email to schools on Tuesday regarding the forecast snowstorm this weekend:

Many weather forecasters are predicting a major snowstorm that will impact the state from Friday to Sunday of this week.

While the impact of the storm is still being debated by the professionals, I wanted to provide the contingency plan in the event their current forecasts prove true. Should the snowstorm come to fruition, we will postpone all games for Saturday and move them to Monday, then move Tuesday's games to Wednesday.

By cancelling all games on Saturday, and moving to Monday and Wednesday, it allows for the day between contests we have planned originally.

The decision to postpone will not be made until Thursday evening, or Friday morning. We will be monitoring the weather conditions and forecasts, and will let you know the decision as early as we can.

In the meantime, it appears that our games tonight and Thursday should be able to proceed without weather interruption.