A week after losing to Rampart, Fountain-Fort Carson got revenge with a 33-17 win on Friday night.
The eighth-ranked Trojans took a 13-10 lead just before halftime, then pushed the lead to 19-10 in the third quarter.
Rampart cut it to 19-17 midway through the third, but Fountain-Fort Carson responded to go up 26-17 on a touchdown pass from Tavian Tuli to Joshua Williams, and then scored again in the fourth quarter after to make it 33-17.
FFC finishes the regular season at 5-1, while Rampart is now 4-2.
The two teams matched up for a second-straight week due to COVID causing quarantines for their originally-scheduled opponents.
3A/4A: (5) Pueblo South 35, Vista Ridge 28
In another matchup that spawned out of COVID quarantines, South held off Vista Ridge's last-minute drive to secure the win.
The Colts' defense, which gave up 21 points (Vista Ridge had a return score), was the difference.
"Our kids are just absolutely resilient and tough," Pueblo South coach Ryan Goddard told the Colorado Preps Scoreboard Show. "Everything we expect out of them everything we desire out of them, that's what they were tonight.
"It just came down to our kids made a coupe of plays, put a little pressure on the quarterback," Goddard said. "Our secondary played lights out, our linebackers played well, and our defensive line hung in there and tried to get after a really good quarterback."
3A: (3) Durango 27, (10) Canon City 13
Playing without two top players due to quarantines, Durango held off a very good Canon City team to finish the regular season 5-0.
"Every week has been a struggle," Durango coach David Vogt told the Scoreboard Show. "You never know what's going to happen week-to-week. ... For our kids to rally, it just shows the kind of kids we have here."
1A: (6) Hotchkiss 49, Cedaredge 7
Hotchkiss won as Mordecai White had three touchdowns and 141 yards on nine carries.
The Bulldogs are 6-0.
"We've been building toward this," Hotchkiss coach Curtis Hintz told the Scoreboard Show. "Last year, we were kind of there knocking on the door. ... Kids left hungry. They've done a good job in the weight room. And, of course, with the year that it's been with COVID, they've done a good job of controlling what they can control. It's paid off during the regular season, and we're looking forward to seeing how the bracket unfolds."
- 4A No. 1 Dakota Ridge finished the regular season with a 51-0 win over Chatfield. The Eagles are now 6-0. "I've been at Dakota Ridge for 25 years — it's probably the best team we've ever had," coach Ron Woitalewicz told the Scoreboard Show. His team is in contention for the top seed in the 4A playoffs — which are expected to be deep. "This is probably as deep as I've seen 4A in a long time, in terms of the quality of teams out there," Woitalewicz added. A photo gallery is available here.
- In 6-man, No. 1 Fleming beat No. 4 Granada 49-44.
- Simla, No. 9 in 8-man, beat Dolores Huerta 40-0. Coletin Mazerall rushed for 238 yards and four touchdowns.
- 5A No. 7 Fairview topped Castle View 49-36 in a back-and-forth game. Quarterback Liam O'Brien threw for 382 yards and five scores. Grant Page had a heck of a game at receiver: 13 catches, 224 yards, four touchdowns.
- An updated top-10 scoreboard through Friday's games, and Saturday's top-10 schedule.
- All scores from Friday night, and Saturday's full slate.
- In 5A, No. 3 Pomona beat No. 5 Columbine. Photos from the game are here.
- In 4A, Brighton got a big win over No. 9 Windsor.
- Photos of 3A No. 2 Holy Family's win over Pueblo Centennial.
- Photos of Grandview's win over Horizon.
- Photos of No. 9 Cherokee Trail's win over Overland in 5A.
- Photos of Heritage's win over Silver Creek.
- Photos of 3A No. 1 Roosevelt's win over Northridge.
- Photos of 3A No. 4 Mead's win over Frederick.
- Photos of 4A No. 1 Dakota Ridge's win over Chatfield.