The volleyball record book has been updated (and has a new look). There are a total of five new team entries, 59 individual entries, and five coaching updates. Among those are five overall records.
Among the new entries:
- Sterling and Denver Christian each joined the list of teams that have had an unbeaten season with their first last fall.
- Those two teams each also climbed the ranks of the consecutive sets won record. Sterling won 52-straight in 2019, while Denver Christian won 50-straight.
- Palmer Ridge's Kyra Kisting set the season record for assists with 1,223. Colorado Springs Christian's Kiersten Brock (5th, 1,099) and Cherokee Trail's Sydney Cole (7th, 1,070) both also made the top-10.
- Briggsdale's Shelby Hoffman set the season record for digs with 895. Rye's Ashlyn Romine (3rd, 809) and Wiley's Macy Rowan (8th, 745) both also made the top-10.
- Rowan set the match record for digs in a match with 75 against Cheraw on Nov. 9. She also had 63 (4th) against Cheraw on Aug. 29, 60 (7th) against Stratton/Liberty on Sept. 12, and 59 (9th) against Eads on Oct. 10.
- Castle View's Leanne Lowry set the career record for digs with 2,177. Peyton Frank of Holy Family (4th, 2,083) and Lewis-Palmer's Gianna Bartalo (6th, 1,948) each also cracked the top-10 of the category. Notably, Wiley junior Macy Rowan is already 19th on the career list with 1,351.
- Wiggins' Avery Burdette tied the set record for service efficiency when she was 24/24 against Flatirons Academy on Sept. 14, 2019.
- La Veta's Nya Sciacca had 295 career aces, which is the second most. Pikes Peak Christian's Kyler Sweat (4th, 284) and Denver Christian's Anna Kaemingk (8th, 256) both made the top-10.
- Valor Christian's Anna Davis had 329 career block assists, which is the second most.
- Ryley Smartt of Genoa-Hugo/Karval is second in points per set for her career, averaging 6.0673.
- Sydney Cole of Cherokee Trail had 564 total serves in 2019, which is the third-most in history. She set the record in 2018 with 608.
- Cole also had 3,556 assists in her career, which is the fourth-highest total in state history.
- Briggsdale's Kimberlyn Krise (5th, 581) and Highlands Ranch's Cassie Davis (7th, 560) are now each listed for kills in a season. Krise is also fifth in terms of career kills with 1,504, and seventh in career points (1,751).
- Couple of top-10 marks for assists in a match for Palmer Ridge's Kisting (3rd, 69 against Pueblo County; 7th, 66 against Cheyenne Mountain; and 8th, 65, against Discovery Canyon); and Erie's Jessica Amend (10th, twice, when she had 64 assists against Prospect Ridge, and 64 against Holy Family).
- Belleview Christian's Lexie Ewing had 21 aces on Oct. 8, 2019, the fifth-most in a match.
- Simla's Kaitlyn Rector and Genoa-Hugo/Karval's Smatt each had 672 total points this season, which is the seventh-most.
- Mayson Fago of Union Colony is 10th for career points with 1,624.
- Rye's Havilah Pitzer is now 10th with 149 solo blocks in a season.
- Arapahoe's Larry Deffenbaugh is third on the all-time wins list with 540.
- Sterling's Lisa Schumacher remains at eighth with 464 wins.
- Pueblo West's Casey King is at 16th on the wins list with 348 wins.
- Lewis-Palmer's Wade Baxter is 12th among coaches with three state championships.
- Sally Moos wrapped up her 38th season as the head coach at Cherry Creek last fall — the most at one school. Her 38 years are also the most of anyone as a head coach.