Hope this finds all safe and well,
As we wait patiently with cautious optimism, monitoring data points and updates for lifting restrictions and resuming in-person learning — but more importantly, safety for public interaction — much uncertainty continues to exists.
The clock is winding down for a definitive decision on whether resuming all CHSAA activities and athletics can begin if we do get an assurance of safety and mitigating the spread of COVID-19 has been given the green light by state and local health officials.
Through those consultations and collaborative efforts with state, educational and health officials, the Commissioner, aligned with the CHSAA Board of Directors, will provide a decision on or before May 2.
I want to give an important reminder that our Association is a statewide organization and decisions will continue to be made on behalf of all activities and athletics conducted in the spring season.
The numerous decisions, though emotionally difficult because we are kid-centered, will continue to be made responsibly — because we are kid-centered.
NOTE: Complete up-to-date Coronavirus information as it relates to the spring season can be found on this page. Currently the spring sports season is suspended until April 30.