The cream is beginning to rise and can you believe we'll be half way through regular season as many team will play games 10 through 12 of the regular season schedule this week.
Shall we dare use that word "parity" yet this early in the season? EIGHT new teams added to the Top 10 rankings this week shows just how much are big school ball can be a surprise on any given night.
Let's take a look at some games the Fever Crew got to see live last week and the action packed week to come!
The Look Back
Tuesday, Jan. 7
The Fever Crew got out to Regis, who was hosting George Washington to get 2020 started! Low scoring and cold 18-15 first half advantage for the home Raiders who were a rare 0-9 for a Shaw coached Regis team EVER! The Patriots went DEEP on their bench playing 14 different guys and they never seemed to get into a rhythm.
Teams will look at Regis' record and overlook them...DON'T do it! This team has been competitive in and out of state and will be ready for Continental league play.
Wednesday, Jan. 8
What an absolute treat! Best game of the early season so far for the Fever Crew in last week's No. 6 Grandview taking a 17 point lead early at No. 4 Smoky Hill.
Grandview was shooting lights out early (20 points for Lian Romero and SIX 3's!) but Smoky's defense got intense in second half and in both overtimes.
Senior Quinten Rock scored 24 points on his way to joining the 1K point club for the Buffaloes and junior sensation Jalen Weaver matched his 24 points in the tremendous come back win.
The Look Ahead
Tuesday, Jan. 14
- Fossil Ridge comes down from Fort Collins to visit Boulder.
- Contrasting styles with No. 8 Erie averaging 68 points per game vs. Berthoud only averaging 38 per game in a much slower pace.
- Legend is just outside of our 5A top-10 and look to continue building their strong resume at home against Chatfield.
- Chaparral has battled its way back into the top 10 at the No. 10 spot and will face one-loss No. 5 Columbine. Lefty PG Kobe Sanders will have to play big once again as visiting senior Luke O'Brien is scoring 28 points per game for the Rebels.
- The records don't show it but Dakota Ridge and Regis will be an entertaining game!
- A-Town Battle! No. 1 Rangeview takes its show to Hinkley who is 7-5 so far while the Raiders remain unbeaten.
- The exciting No. 2 Mead squad will travel to Frederick who is a solid 8-3 right now. With both teams averaging over 70 points per game this should be a shoot out!
- New to the 4A Top 10 is Longmont coming in at No. 7 and their first test as a ranked squad is a visit from Niwot.
Wednesday, Jan. 15
- Have a fix for "city ball"? Thomas Jefferson and Far North East (Montbello) get it on!
- Green Mountain had a 1-2 week and slid to No. 10. Jaylin Hardwrict "FRESHMAN ALERT" is making an early impression at 7 points 4 rebounds per game for Green Mountain. Senior Blake Schell is leading the way at 12 points per game for GM who visits D'Evelyn.
- No. 5 Golden will hold court vs Standley Lake.
- Senior Caleb Rillos is at 18 points per game along with 8 rebounds for the 6'5 senior and he'll lead No. 9 Ralston Valley in the neighborhood rivalry vs. Arvada West.
- The Fever Crew may make a "game of the night" appearance at this one: No. 2 Eaglecrest host No. 8 Arapahoe in a 5A top to match up!
- More Centennial League as Cherokee Trail who's gotten off to a slow start due to injuries will tangle with Grandview's threesome of Caleb McGill, Lian Romero, and now we add senor CJ Thomas with his strong play as of late.
- Smoky Hill is back up to No. 3 after last week's heroics vs. Grandview and they're starting to receive first place votes! Overland, who is without senior stud Graham Ike the rest of season due to injury, will have their hands full with Smoky's depth.
- Discovery Canyon is always tough at home and No. 1 Cheyenne Mountain will be paying a visit!
Thursday, Jan. 16
- Harrison is rolling as our No. 3 team in 4A led by dynamic Donta Dawson who's at 21 points, 8 rebounds per game and the Panthers host Widefield this night.
- Coach Ocansey has developed a winning program in the DPL and has Northfield ranked No. 6 in 4A...big time for the league and City! They will face a fiesty FNE (Montbello) squad Thursday. A lot of neighborhood pride and kids who know each other here!
- Mead, with young Elijah Knudsen leading the scoring, will put their No. 2 ranking on the line vs. Fort Morgan.
- Lincoln dropped from our 4A Top 10 but can make a statement in a 4A/5A tilt at Chatfield.
Friday, Jan. 17
- The Rampart Tournament gives us a nice 4A/5A match with No. 4 Pueblo West taking on 5A Valor Christian.
- Third league test of the week for No. 1 Cheyenne Mountain and senior Javonte Johnson's scorching 27 points per game as they host Palmer Ridge.
- No. 4 Denver East will look to score plenty in the annual game vs. Denver West. Junior Boston Stanton III has taken the scoring per game up to 23 points per and "super sophs" Quis Davis and Langston Reynolds are proving to be worthy running mates!
- Dakota Ridge has a double-double "machine" in TaeShaud Jackson Jr at 15 points, 10 rebounds per game but here comes Luke O'Brien and the Reblels of Columbine!
- No. 3 Smoky Hill vs Mullen in Centennial league play. Mullen is better than the 3-6 record shows and will throw a tough zone at Smoky's athletes.
- Fairview, now No. 7 in 5A, faces a Mountain Range squad playing solid ball as well at 7-3.
- Pack the house Arvada West and support your boys...they're going to need it! Unbeaten No. 1 Rangeview is paying visit!
- Centennial is just TOUGH every Wednesday/Friday and No. 2 Eaglecrest heads over to Grandview for A-Town pride! Zion Ruckard running the PG show and averaging 18 points for the Raptors. Multiple college-bound ballers in this one!
- If Chaparral wants to hold that No. 10 5A spot they have to get a win in league play at Douglas County.
- Centaurus was in our 4A Top 10 early on and will try to prove their way back in vs ranked Longmont.
- Cherry Creek is starting to get into a groove with the state champ football players fully in the mix now and take their 8-3 record into No. 8 Arapahoe.
Saturday, Jan. 18
- 4A No. 2 Mead finishes their week at 1 p.m. vs. Roosevelt.
- More solid 4A action as we have a Top 10 match up in Golden and Green Mountain at 1pm too!
- No. 4 East won a fun game over Mullen right before the break and this time Mullen comes on over to East!
- Another non-league 4A/5A match we like as Pueblo East takes the challenge of 5A ranked squad Fairview.
That should be enough action to hold your for a while, folks! The Fever Crew will be traveling for MLK Day and weekend but rest assured we'll be back Tuesday, Jan. 28 to get you caught up and looking ahead to some serious league action, enjoy!