CHSAA assistant commissioner Bert Borgmann is among eight inductees to the Colorado Dugout Club Coaches Hall of Fame class of 2020, the organization announced on Wednesday.
The Colorado Dugout Club is baseball's coaches association, and annually inducts new members into the Hall of Fame. The ceremony for the 2020 class is Jan. 17, 2020 at the Marriott Tech Center.
In a statement announcing the class, the Dugout Club wrote:
Along the way, many of these nominees again crossed paths with previous classes inductees, and intertwined with a single purpose — to add their special touch to unify players, coaches and schools. And they did that with an uncanny ability and grace that has helped develop the highest standard for others to follow.
These men, as did the previous year’s groups and the inaugural class, have achieved above the norm. Their contributions and influence created legacies along the way that impacted those throughout the state, region, nation and internationally. Their involvement within and outside their respective communities have led others to refer to them as "Baseball Guys" and "Mr. Baseball."
The list of 2020 inductees includes:
- CHSAA Assistant Commissioner Bert Borgmann
- Long time former head baseball coach at Colorado University Frank “Chief" Prentup
- Former head coach at Mullen HS and Metro State University Vince Porreco
- Long time baseball coach at Colorado School of Mines Jim Darden
- Longtime baseball coach and tournament organizer in Pueblo Joe Andenucio
- Former head baseball coach in Rifle Gordon Cooper
- Current head baseball coach at Sargent HS Terry Van Bibber
- Longtime Denver area head and assistant coach Bob Dampier