With poor weather expected in Aurora on Wednesday night, the CHSAA office has communicated its weather contingency plan to all schools involved.
The state softball tournaments are scheduled for Friday and Saturday at Aurora Sports Park.
The following is the weather contingency plan:
Should inclement weather interfere with play this weekend, our contingency plan is to use the first available day to conclude the tournament games play be postponed.
For example, if games are postponed on Friday, then Saturday is the next available day and Sunday becomes the next available day after that. If Sunday is not available, then Monday becomes the next available day.
However, the philosophy of this tournament is to push game times back until we can get on the field. That may mean delays of several hours on game times. We will use the lights at those fields that have them, if necessary.
We will work to get all Friday games completed on Friday. Only complexes B and C have lights, so if games are moved from complex A, they will be integrated onto those fields on B and C.
Should frost become a factor, we will simply push back starting times until the fields are ready. Teams are asked to only access the fields when told to by facility management or CHSAA personnel.
There may be situations where the facility availability will force the next available day out of the rotation. All schools need to communicate this to their players, parents, administrators and fans. CHSAANow.com will provide the most up-to-date information on any postponements and game rescheduling.
The forecast today looks favorable for both Friday and Saturday, but it could change quickly, so please look for updates this week.
The forecast calls for a mixture of rain, then snow on Wednesday night, and a high of 44 degrees on Thursday. Friday, the first day of play, calls for a high of 60 degrees, and Saturday calls for a high of 70.
Snow is expected on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.