David Moore III rushed for four first-half touchdowns as top-ranked Pine Creek flexed its muscles in a win over No. 3 Pueblo West.
The Eagles led 35-0 at the break, and went on to win 41-13. Pine Creek is now 3-1 this season, with the lone loss coming to 5A No. 3 Valor Christian.
"David had a great game," Pine Creek coach Todd Miller told the Colorado Preps Scoreboard Show. "He just keeps ripping off long runs. And our front is doing a good job of blocking and our receivers are chasing downfield and setting up long runs."
Officially, Moore rushed for 202 yards on 11 carries, with the four scores.
"David, he's got great vision, and he's been doing this for a long time," Miller added. "He's one of the best young men I've been around, and one of the best football players, too."
4A: (4) Dakota Ridge 20, (7) Ponderosa 6
In a tight battle, Dakota Ridge held a potent Ponderosa offense in check to secure a top-10 win.
The Eagles expanded a 7-0 halftime lead to 13-0 in the third quarter. Then when Ponderosa cut it to 13-6, Dakota Ridge put the game away with a 16-yard rushing touchdown from Ben Gulting with three minutes to play.
"It was a great win," coach Ron Woitalewicz told the Scoreboard Show. "Our kids played very well, and beat a very good Ponderosa team."
"We kinda kept the pressure on them, and we shut down the run game," the coach added. "It's always good to get a quality win against a good team. Sometimes it's good to fly under the radar."
Dakota Ridge is now 4-0.
1A: (7) Centauri 37, (8) Buena Vista 0
Centauri built a 24-0 lead after the first quarter, and then went on to secure the 37-0 win over Buena Vista.
The Falcons, who have won at least six games each of the past three seasons, are now 4-1 so far this season.
8-man: (5) Dayspring Christian 24, (4) Caliche 18
In a league matchup, Dayspring Christian rallied from down 6-0 at halftime to improve to 4-0.
"The boys really showed up tonight," Dayspring coach Ben Fusco told the Scoreboard Show. "It was really fun to go up there and come out with a win."
Trailing at halftime, Fusco said, "the coaches rallied the boys, and they really responded." Dayspring scored on its first possession of the third quarter.
"Caliche is a physical football team, and you find that coming out here to play these Eastern teams," Fusco said. "The boys really rallied and embraced that challenge this week. They went toe-to-toe with a couple of big boys on that Caliche squad."
8-man: (8) Vail Christian 12, (9) West Grand 6
In a defensive battle, Vail Christian nailed down a top-10 win. The Saints scored both touchdowns following long drives in the second quarter.
"Both teams played really well on defense," coach Tim Pierson told the Scoreboard Show. "We're grateful to get out of here with a win."
"We got some big tackles for losses," he added. "The kids just played hard."
Vail Christian is now 4-0.
- 5A No. 1 Columbine went on a road trip, and beat Olathe North (Kan.) 24-21.
- In 4A, Mountain Vista knocked off No. 10 Silver Creek in triple OT, 24-21.
- Lamar knocked off 2A No. 7 Alamosa, 48-25.
- Prospect Ridge Academy running back Seth Hagan rushed for 348 yards and five touchdowns in a win over Jefferson. Photos are here.
- Overland beat Fountain-Fort Carson on the road, 29-21, and is now 3-2 — a year after going 1-9.
- Manitou Springs held on to beat rival St. Mary's on a missed field goal with 10 seconds to play. The Mustangs won 16-15.
- Yuma ran just 15 offensive plays, but had 229 yards of offense, and scored 49 points in a 49-12 win over Lyons.
- No. 1 Palmer Ridge survived an early charge from No. 4 Pueblo South in 3A.
- Sam Beers, an Air Academy freshman, has rushed for 12 TDs in the past two games.
- No. 5 Green Mountain football got a bounce-back win over Standley Lake.
- Photos: Prospect Ridge beat Jefferson to move to 2-2.
- Photos: 4A No. 8 Heritage beat Liberty.
- Photos: Arapahoe got a win over Douglas County.
- Complete interviews from the Colorado Preps Scoreboard Show. [Colorado Preps]
- Fruita Monument beat rival Grand Junction for the fifth year in a row. [Daily Sentinel]
- Fort Collins picked up a wild win over crosstown rival Poudre. [Coloradoan] This Instagram post of coach Matt Yemm celebrating his first career win is what high school football is about.
- An updated top-10 scoreboard, and Saturday's top-10 schedule.
- All of Friday's scores, and Saturday's full slate.