As 2018 winds down, we look back on the year, and count down CHSAANow.com's most-read stories over the course of the past 12 months:
15. Legislative Council: Changes to football's calendar; volleyball moves to bracket format
In January, the Legislative Council had a busy meeting. Among their changes: A tweak to the football calendar, a new bracket format for state volleyball, the establishment of foundation games, and baseball moving to a 23-game regular season in 3A, 4A and 5A.
14. Grandview boys basketball beats George Washington to claim first title
With a 57-52 victory over George Washington, Grandview boys basketball won its first-ever championship in winning the Class 5A title in March.
13. Loveland races to 4A football championship, defeating Skyline
Loveland, a power all season long, won its first state football title in 2003 with a 62-14 win over Skyline on Dec. 1.
12. Conifer's Cayden Condit takes aim at becoming state wrestling's first female placer
Conifer freshman Cayden Condit made waves during the 2017-18 season, raising expectations that she may become the state's first female to place at the state wrestling tournament. Condit is now a sophomore.
11. 2A state wrestling: Wray captures its first title in 30 years
Wray secured the Class 2A state wrestling title in February, notching the program's first championship since 1988.
10. Five former Colorado high school football players selected in the NFL Draft
In a major day for former Colorado high school football players, five of them were selected on one day in the 2018 NFL Draft.
9. Boys volleyball, girls wrestling and unified bowling get green light as pilots
In February, the Board of Directors gave the green light — for the first time ever — to begin pilot seasons for three sports: boys volleyball, girls wrestling and unified bowling.
All three are currently in pilot seasons during the school year.
8. 4A & 5A wrestling semifinals: Historic night could be in store for championship round
On the second-to-last day of the 2018 state wrestling tournament, we looked at what was potentially ahead for Saturday's finals. This story examined the seven wrestlers looking to become three-time champions.
7. Cherry Creek beats Columbine in tough 5A football semifinal, heads to title game
In a matchup of 5A football powers, Cherry Creek emerged from the semifinals with a 10-7 win over Columbine in November.
6. 3A, 4A and 5A state baseball tourneys postponed to avoid rain this weekend
Sigh. Of course this list includes inclement weather news, and of course it's from the spring season. In May, the 3A, 4A and 5A state baseball tournaments had to be delayed due to rain.
5. Denver East's Arria Minor sets records in 200 and 400, now has top time nationally
Arria Minor, the star track athlete from Denver East, had quite the day during the state track and field championships in May, setting records and hold the top time in the country.
4. Fran Belibi dunks as No. 2 Regis Jesuit girls basketball beats No. 1 Grandview
Regis Jesuit's star senior threw down a monster dunk in a monster matchup between the top two girls basketball teams in Class 5A this season.
3. Legislative Council passes new transfer rule
CHSAA's transfer rule was changed for the first time since 2003-04 when the Legislative Council approved a new transfer rule in April.
2. Cherry Creek and Valor Christian set to meet for 5A football championship
A preview of the 2018 Class 5A state football title game, which featured Valor Christian and Cherry Creek in a big matchup.
1. Valor Christian beats Cherry Creek to win 5A football championship
A recap of the Class 5A football state championship game, played on Dec. 1. Valor Christian beat Cherry Creek 24-14.