We've just updated the state football record book with performances through the 2018 season.
Here's a breakdown of the records that were broken this season:
- Stratton/Liberty, the 6-man champion, scored 792 points, breaking the record for points by a team, which had been 752 by the 2012 Fleming team. Stratton/Liberty scored more than 60 points eight times, and more than 50 in all 12 of their wins.
- Fairview set the passing record with 4,636 yards, beating the previous record of 4,300 by the 2011 D'Evelyn team. The school record was 4,129, set in 2014.
- Fairview also set the team passing touchdown record with 59. The previous record was 52 (Alamosa in 2006).
- Peetz and Briggsdale set the combined scoring record on Sept. 29 with 185.
- Arvada West QB Johnny Krutsch set the career record with 1,242 pass attempts. Former Bear Creek quarterback Justin Holland (1997-2000) held the previous record at 1,081.
- Krutsch also set the career completions record with 723. Bear Creek's Sean Davis (1992-95) held the previous record at 701.
- Fairview QB Aidan Atkinson set the single-season record with 55 touchdown passes. The previous record was 52, set by Alamosa's Clay Garcia.
- Vista PEAK's Noah Karwacki set the state record for punting average with 50.13 per kick, breaking the previous mark of 47.9, set by Northglenn's Jack Weil in 1979.
- West Grand's Chris Brown extended his career coaching wins record, and he now is 337-127 since 1976.
- Kent Denver's Scott Yates also extended his career record to 332-79.