Hoehne took a big step toward securing a league championship in the Arkansas Valley with a win over Holly on Friday.
The third-ranked Farmers beat Holly 54-20.
Holly actually led the game 20-8 in the first quarter, meaning Hoehne ripped off 46 unanswered points.
"It was kind of scary at first," coach Gabe Dasko told the Colorado Preps Scoreboard Show. "We made some defensive adjustments, and our kids kind of wore them down physically. Our kids are pretty physical.
"I mean, we'd rather play football in a phone booth," Dasko continued. "They kind of spread you out, and they put you in some tough situations."
Hoehne is now 5-1, and 4-0 in the Arkansas Valley. Every other team in the league has at least one loss.
"It's not over yet," Dasko said. "We've still got Wiley and McClave. We're not good enough right now to take anybody lightly. McClave looks like they're playing pretty decent right now. And we've just got to keep sharpening the edge on the knife for our kids, and getting better every week."
3A: (8) Pueblo East 41, Pueblo South 14
— Pueblo Radio Sports (@PuebloRdoSports) October 6, 2018
Luc Andrada threw four touchdowns as the Eagles won the Cannon Game against their rivals. Three of those went to star wideout Kain Medrano.
Patrick Gonzales also rushed for three scores for Pueblo East.
It was the first week of league play in the newly-realigned South Central League, which features five Pueblo teams together along with Durango.
2A: (7) Salida 35, Pagosa Springs 7
Salida is now 6-0 after beating Pagosa Springs 35-7.
"I think last year set the table for us," first-year Spartans coach Matt Luttrell told the Scoreboard Show. "The kids have been well-coached up to this point. Eric Handke did a great job kind of passing the baton on to me. And I've been around these kids since they were freshmen, as well. It's just fun to be a part of. Last year definitely set the tone for us."
Photo of the night
It was a cold and wet one as No. 4 Prairie beat Weldon Valley in 6-man. A complete gallery of the game is available here.
- In 8-man, Dolores Huerta put an end to a 38-game losing streak with a 28-0 win over Miami-Yoder. It is the team's first win since Sept. 13, 2014.
- In a top-10 5A matchup, No. 6 Grandview rebounded from its last-second loss to shutout No. 7 Cherokee trail 28-0.
- 4A No. 8 Greeley West made a statement with a 42-18 win over No. 6 Longmont. The Spartans are now 5-1.
- 3A No. 3 Rifle handled No. 10 Delta. The Bears are 6-0 in their first season in 2A.
- 1A No. 5 Burlington edged No. 9 Holyoke.
- Briggsdale, fresh off its record-setting game with Peetz, upset No. 3 Otis in 6-man, 32-28.
- 6-man No. 1 Stratton/Liberty continued to roll, this time beating No. 9 Granada 52-12. The Knighted Eagles are 6-0.
- Also unbeaten in 6-man are No. 2 Kit Carson (6-0) and No. 10 Mountain Valley (5-0). Mountain Valley has only scheduled eight games.
- There are six unbeaten teams in 2A: No. 6 Basalt, No. 1 La Junta, No. 5 Resurrection Christian, No. 7 Salida, No. 2 Platte Valley and No. 3 Rifle. All are 6-0.
- In 3A, No. 1 Erie, No. 6 Thomas Jefferson and No. 2 Discovery Canyon are all 6-0. No. 5 Harrison (5-0) plays Falcon on Saturday.
- Undefeated teams in 1A: No. 4 Peyton (6-0) and No. 1 Limon (5-0). The Badgers play Yuma on Saturday.
- Only No. 1 Loveland and No. 3 Montrose remain unbeaten in 4A. Both are 6-0.
- Four teams are 7-0 in 5A: Smoky Hill, No. 1 Cherry Creek, No. 3 Columbine and No. 4 Eaglecrest. 6-0 Valor Christian plays Rock Canyon on Saturday.
- There are four unbeaten teams in 8-man, and only No. 2 West Grand is 6-0 so far. No. 1 Sedgwick County, No. 5 Mancos and No. 6 Sanford all play Saturday. Sedgwick County, a three-time defending champion, has the longest winning streak in the state at 28 games.
- CSU-Pueblo has been selected as the host site for the 2A and 3A championship games this season and next.
- A dominant offensive line helped give No. 3 Montrose a big win over No. 5 Heritage in 4A.
- Smoky Hill is now 7-0, and in control of the 5A Metro 10 League, after beating Denver East.
- Chatfield won a wild one in its league opener against Wheat Ridge.
- Photos from Chatfield/Wheat Ridge.
- On a cold and wet night, No. 4 Prairie beat Weldon Valley.
- A breakdown of what Friday's results mean for conference races. [ColoradoPreps.com]
- 4A No. 4 Broomfield used a ground attack to beat Windsor. [BoCoPreps]
- 4A No. 1 Loveland picked up a 28-3 win over Monarch. [Loveland Reporter-Herald]
- An updated top-10 football schedule after Friday's games, and Saturday's top-10 slate.
- All scores from Friday night, and Saturday's full schedule.
- Re-live the night through our live coverage.