Week 11, the last of the regular season, is off and running!
More high scoring individual performances — including a 30-point SECOND HALF — from Ronnie DeGray III (Chaparral) highlights the early action.
Let's take a look at some of the other top moments:
The Look Back
Monday, Feb. 12
- Low scoring affair early and Longmont, No. 3 in our latest poll, eventually pulled away from Northridge by 23 with Beck Page scoring 13.
- Trent Dykema remains on fire folks for Silver Creek scoring 29 of his teams 58 points on 11-15 from the field in the 8-point win over Mountain View.
- Xavier Bonham scored 23 for Greeley Central but not enough as Thompson Valley only allowed 4 points in the second quarter on the way to a 64-55 win.
- Speaking of defensive quarters, No. 5 GW shut Denver North out in the second leading to a 95- 36 route. Shawn'trelle White led with 20 points.
- No. 4 Denver East also coasted to an 88-26 blasting of Denver West with Kountz/Marble combining for 41. This sets up the top 5 match up of East/GW on Saturday for the City Championship!
Tuesday, Feb. 13
- Widefield is up to No. 8 in our poll and eager to prove they belong.
- Nieyeme Smeyer-Williams is averaging 15 points per game and Pueblo West needed him to avenge that 1-point loss to Pueblo East earlier in the season. P-West made it clear this time around 74-60.
- Holy Family and Mead is always a battle ... check your game highlights here
- Joe Madsen and Adam Thistlewood hat that inside/outside punch going combining for 39 points in the 9-point win over Green Mountain.
- Quite a fourth quarter for for Pomona who outscored Arvada West 26-14 to pull off the incredible comeback win on the road!
- Top 10 4A action in Valor/Evergreen and jumping out to an 18-11 first quarter advantage helped the Cougars pull off the 4-point home win 62-58.
- Our No. 1 4A squad, Pueblo South, just doesn't want to cooperate with us on posting stats!! And how we would love to see how the top squad ran up 100 in running away from Pueblo Centennial by 53!
Wednesday, Feb. 14
- Ronnie DeGray III must not have been happy with his 4 halftime points so he went ahead and added THIRTY in the second half helping No. 3 Chaparral earn a tough double overtime Continental League win over Regis.
- Four players in double figure scoring for balanced Longmont
- Connor Staib's 19 a big part of Mountain Vista's 6-point win over Douglas County.
- Silver Creek held Centaurus to only 5 points in the third quarter and that led to a 74-58 win for the 4A No. 8 squad.
- Our state's No. 1 squad simply ran away from Ponderosa early and often! ThunderRidge 71-34, setting up one of the biggest games of the year on Friday in 1 vs. 2 match up of T-Ridge and Rock Canyon!
- No. 9 Smoky Hill may be hitting their stride at the right time and big man Will Becker had a "monsta" double-double of 18 points, 18 rebounds in the tough 2-point win over Eaglecrest.
- Speaking of double-double performances, Sam Masten rang up 26 points and 10 rebounds in No. 2 Rock Canyon's thumping of Castle View by 43! T-Ridge up next...
- An 18-5 fourth quarter along with 15 points from Goy Wang helped No. 7 Overland secure the 20-point win over Mullen.
- Lewis Palmer, 4A No. 2, raced out to a 24-5 first quarter advantage over Air Academy and never looked back with Joel Scott scoring 18 with 6 rebounds in the win.
The phrase "wide open" has probably been used a lot in recent years, but the teams in our 5A top 10 truly have the ability to take any of the others down on a given night.
Will be fun to follow whose depth and leadership can get their squad over the hump as we approach the playoffs.
Our Crew doesn't think 4A is as quite as wide open with Pueblo South and Lewis-Palmer looking like favorites as we near seasons end, but teams like Golden and Longmont can certainly step up and ruin us seeing that rematch late season.
Will be fun to see how it all plays out.
Enjoy the last few days of the regular season, folks!