Welcome back, hoops fans! Week 4 of the season will bring us more non-league and tourney action. We love the nontraditional matchups that the early season brings us.
Speaking of nontraditional matchups, we have almost double digit teams from CO representing in the Las Vegas Tarkanian Classic vs. some of the country's best talent and schools. Let's get to the action:
The Look Back
Monday, Dec. 18
- Pueblo West, No. 9 in this week's 4A Poll, needed overtime to hold off Widefield winning by 3 points. N. Smeyer-Williams scored 24 points dished out 6 points and secured 4 steals in the win!
- Littleton is playing some solid ball early and senior Jason Lee scored 14 points in a win over Conifer that now has the Lions 7-1 on the season.
- There's that young soph Luke O'Brian again scoring 21 points (5 of 6 from 3-point land!) as Columbine pulled away from Gateway by 14.
- Our Fever Crew's game of the night was Douglas County vs. Bear Creek in two improving programs playing some hoops early and the Huskies won this one by 3 points in large part to Camron Duffe's 20 points!
Tuesday, Dec. 19
- 3A No. 10 Resurrection Christian stepped up to the challenge at Wheat Ridge.
- Always a battle in the Heritage/Arap annual tilt with the two schools in such close proximity. The Warriors won this round at each level of the program and varsity "whooped em" 73-45 as senior B. Reinders put up 22 points at Sitting Eagle gym.
- Hellllllooooooo Andre Sepeda! The Greeley West junior scored 36 points in the home victory over tough Windsor by 5!
- Smoky Hill, No. 2 in 5A, took their high flying show to Rocky Mountain and senior John Harge was "stat stuffin" 19 points, 8 rebounds, 6 steals, and 2 assists in the Buffs 18 point win.
- Kaden Bennett scored 18 and Horizon took the "braggin rights" vs. Legacy up north in the 3 point win.
- Young soph Caleb Wehmuller scored 19 big ones for Boulder who beat Fort Collins by 23 on the road.
- Junior Nico Martin scored 14 as Pueblo Central traveled to Sierra and shocked the Stallions with 51-49 tight win!
- Sindou Cisse scored 19 points for the Warriors in Montbello's (FNE) cruiser over Hinkley.
- Bear Creek continues to score in bunches and pile up wins! This one was an 89-56 blow out of Kennedy and Manual Perez led four scores in double figures with 15.
Wednesday, Dec. 20
- Douglas County was battling but then Palmer produced a 24-9 fourth quarter and closed out a 62-51 comeback win!
- Love the name "Champion" Martin scoring 14 points in Cherokee Trails win over Brighton1
- The Tarkanian Classic action has started in Vegas and Valor Christian earned CO's first win with a close 2-point win over Oak Ridge (CA) and senior Jeremy Randle put a big 25 points!
- Grandview, unbeaten in Colorado and No. 6 in our latest poll, also pulled off a tought 60-55 win over Carver (Alabama) in the Vegas action.
- George Washington represented CO well in Las Vegas as well losing by 2 points to highly touted "Big Baller Brand" Chino Hills in Vegas. A late turnover is what the Fever Crew reports did the Patriots in but that's a great effort vs. a nationally recognized squad.
- In the finale of the Tarkanian Classic our No. 3 5A squad was in control with 3 minutes to go but Ronnie DeGray III fouled out with 3.5 minutes to go...Chap was up 5 at the time but this one got away and Camirillo got the win in round one. Chap will be back and CO is "rep'n well in the 702"!
More Tarkanian Classic results to come on Sunday, folks! But so far our CHSAA #RepThe303 squads are showing the nation that we can play with anyone!