Palmer Ridge's Isabella Prosceno has a solid plan when embarking on her races.
She starts strong, paces herself with the head of the pack and then pulls away for the win. That's the plan she utilized on Thursday at the Class 4A region 2 cross country meet. She got the desired result.
"I tend to run as hard as I can in every race," Prosceno said. "Even though it gets hard on certain things, I just go hard every time."
Prosceno took the win for the Bears, but it was Air Academy who grabbed the overall team win for 4A girls. The Bears didn't come away empty-handed though as the boys team took first.
It was also a good day for the Vanguard School. The girls team grabbed first place while Nick Lovato won the overall 2A boys race.
"My hope was that I would run my fastest to get my team to state," Lovato said. "I decided the best way to do that was to take first."
Peyton won the 2A boys team title.
At the same venue, Mountain Vista swept the 5A team titles.
Monarch took three of the top four spots at the 5A Region 3 boys cross country meet to win the region.
The Coyotes had 40 team points.
"We wanted our team to win this regional," Charlie Perry said. "The best way for us to do that is, I have to go out and get one point. So, my mind was on what I'm going to do, because I know the rest of the guys will take care of their job.
"As you just saw, they came through in the spots they needed to as well."
Perry took first with a time of 15:50.
"I felt pretty good today, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad to go out on my own for a little bit," Perry said. "This is a starter for the postseason so it's a big deal to come out and win."
In the girls race, Legacy sophomore Brynn Siles beat out the field with a time of 18:28.
Fairview won the team title with 64 points.
The Knights' Isabella Bowland finished with a time of 19:16, good for a fifth-place finish.
- Region 1: Lyons' Isaac Roberts took first in the boys race with a time of 17:03. Heritage Christian won the team title. Nederland's Helen Cross won the girls race with a race of 19:34, helping Nederland to the team title.
- Region 3: Cody Danley of Rocky Ford won at 17:24. The Meloneers won both girls and boys team titles. Emilee Haefeli (Del Norte) and Camille Ruggles (Center) tied in the girls race at 21:54.
- Region 2: Blake Davis (Lamar) won with a time of 17:10.9. The Classical Academy took both team titles. Colorado Springs Christian's Rachel Ingram turned in a first place time of 20:19.4.
- Region 3: Holy Family's Kyle McCabe took first with 16:42. Faith Christian won the boys team race. Peak to Peak's Quinn McConnell won with 18:05. The Pumas took the top three spots to win the team race.
- Region 4: Platte Valley's Andrew King turned in a first-place time of 16:21. Frontier Academy won the team titles at boys and girls. Hannah Ellis' time of 18:31 gave her the top spot.
- Region 1: Wheat Ridge's Drew Seidel turned in a time of 17:50.18 to win the boys race. Evergreen took the boys team win. Naomi Harding of Battle Mountain paced the Huskies with a time of 19:56.76 to win the team and individual title.
- Region 3: Valor Christian's Cole Sprout topped the field at 16:00. Centaurus won the boys team race. In the girls race, Niwot freshman Taylor James took first with 19:16. Valor Christian won the girls team race.
- Region 4: Silver Creek's Logan Simington turned in a time of 16:14 to push the Raptors to the team title. Kenadi Krueger of Thompson Valley won the girls race with 18:57. Silver Creek won the girls team race.
- Region 5: Cole Munoz of Widefield ran to a time of 16:05 to win the boys race. Durango won the boys and girls team races. Durango's Madeleine Burns won the individual girls race at 19:10.
- Region 1: Denver East's Harrison Scudamore won the boys race at 15:50.2. Dakota Ridge won the boys team race. Stephanie Carrasco of Thornton's time of 17:58.5 was good for first place. Arvada West took the team race.
- Region 2: Gateway's Yonas Mogos took first at boys with 16:13.7. Grandview took the boys race. Isalina Colsman of Regis Jesuit won the girls race with 18:31.9. Cherokee Trail won the team race.
- Region 4: Broomfield's Michael Mooney won the boys race at 15:28.2. Poudre won the team race. Katelyn Mitchem's time of 17:59.1 was enough to earn her and the Eagles wins in the girls race.