Roosevelt football beat Berthoud on Friday night in a key Class 3A matchup.
For starters, it was a top-10 win, with the No. 5 Roughriders topping the No. 8 Spartans. Second, it was a win in the Class 3A Tri-Valley League, which is probably the best league in the state regardless of classification. Third, Roosevelt is now 5-2.
But most importantly: It helped the Roughriders move up in the 3A RPI standings from No. 13 to No. 8.
Roosevelt rallied from down 12-7 to take a 15-12 lead at halftime, and led 22-12 after three quarters.
2A: (6) Sterling 56, Fort Lupton 28
Sterling quarterback Bodie Hume threw six touchdowns in the first half of Sterling's 56-28 win over Fort Lupton. That ties the state record.
Hume finished with seven touchdowns; he only played one series in the second half.
The six touchdowns in a half are now tied for the most in state history. Hume is the seventh player to do that. His seven touchdown passes are tied for the fifth-most in state history.
4A: (10) Skyline 70, Greeley Central 44
Skyline junior Jeremy Hollingsworth rushed for six touchdowns and more than 350 yards in a wild win over Greeley Central. He now has scored 26 touchdowns this season.
The Falcons are 6-1 this season.
3A: Fort Morgan 17, (6) Silver Creek 7
Fort Morgan not only pulled off the upset, but moved to 2-0 in the Northern League. Both conference wins followed a three-game losing streak.
"We changed it up this week," Mustangs coach Harrison Chisum told the Colorado Preps Scoreboard Show. "We had a lot of competitions and a lot more fun in practice, and it kind of helped with our energy level."
Donovan Moya had an interception return for a score to help Fort Morgan win on Friday.
"He's a competitor, and that was a huge pick-six to start the second half," Chisum said.
Both teams are now 4-3 this season.
6-man: (1) Stratton/Liberty 63, (3) Otis 6
The Knighted Eagles are 7-0 after this latest win.
"We're really excited about the win, an really excited about the way we've been playing," coach Toby Kechter told the Scoreboard Show.
Kechter praised his line.
"The kids just blocked their hearts out," he said. "The effort's just been great."
- Highlands Ranch, ranked No. 9 in 5A, is now 6-1 after beating Fountain-Fort Carson 38-24. "Our guys overcame some penalties and a couple of turnovers, and played really well tonight to overcome those things," interim coach David May told the Scoreboard Show.
- The Falcons will face No. 1 Valor Christian next week. The Eagles are now 7-0 after a 41-7 win over Lakewood. Luke McCaffrey had three total touchdowns, including a kickoff return for a score. Valor has won 17 games in a row.
- Sedgwick County, top-ranked in 8-man, rolled to a 57-14 win over Merino. Sedgwick County is now 7-0 and has won 17-straight games.
- 8-man No. 5 Haxtun rebounded from a loss to beat No. 10 Caliche 38-20.
- 6-man No. 4 Peetz also rebounded from a loss by topping No. 10 Fleming 39-26. Tre Fehringer threw three touchdown passes for the Bulldogs.
- 2A No. 4 La Junta won its rivalry game with Lamar, winning 40-0 in the Whistle Game.
- In 6-man, Sierra Grande is now 6-1 after shutting out Aguilar 60-0. Five different players had rushing touchdowns, including two each from Dakota Aragon and Dylan Milner.
- South Park has matched its win total from last season after beating Pikes Peak Christian 30-6. The Burros are 4-3 in 6-man.
- Wins No. 322 for coaches Scott Yates (Kent Denver) and Chris Brown (West Grand). Kent Denver, No. 1 in 2A, beat Englewood 38-0. West Grand, No. 2 in 8-man, beat Rangely 46-0.
- In 4A, Rampart got an important 17-13 win over Montrose to move to 2-0 in the Pikes Peak League.
- Jaylen Thomas rushed for 243 yards and three scores as Vista Ridge beat Coronado 35-14 in another 4A Pikes Peak matchup.
- Austin Coalson helped Eaton improved to 5-2 this season with two touchdown passes in the team's 46-6 win over The Academy.
- Dakota Key rushed for three touchdowns and Alec Lewis threw for two as Legacy beat Aurora Central 44-0 in 5A. Legacy is 4-3.
- In 4A, No. 5 Windsor handed No. 6 Monarch its first loss of the season.
- A touchdown on the final play gave Ralston Valley a win over Arvada West.
- Photos from Pueblo East/Pueblo County.
- Photos from Harrison/Pueblo Central.
- An updated top-10 football scoreboard after Friday's games, and Saturday's top-10 schedule.
- All scores from Friday night, and Saturday's full slate.
- Updated RPI standings.
- Relive the night through our live coverage.