Belleview Christian won its first football game since 2012 on Saturday.
The Bruins beat Miami-Yoder 18-14 during their homecoming contest. It was their first victory since Oct. 6, 2012 against Justice — five years and one day ago.
The 8-man football program started in the fall of 2012, and went 2-6. Belleview Christian was then 0-7 in 2013, and didn't field a team in 2014 nor 2015. The Bruins returned to the field last season, and went 0-6.
It means Saturday's win, which was the first varsity win for second-year coach Darius Oller, also snapped a 17-game losing streak.
- Coaches Scott Yates (Kent Denver) and Chris Brown (West Grand) remained tied atop Colorado's all-times wins list this week as both of their teams won. Kent Denver beat Ridge View Academy on Friday, and West Grand beat Plateau Valley 46-0 on Saturday.
- In a 6-man game that was delayed from Friday night because of a faulty light, No. 2 Stratton/Liberty cruised to a 53-6 win over No. 3 Cheyenne Wells.
- 5A No. 10 Highlands Ranch (5-1) handed Lakewood (5-1) its first loss this season with a 35-28 victory.
- 4A No. 9 Pueblo South is now 5-1 following a 42-14 win over Grand Junction Central.
- 2A No. 2 Bayfield rolled to a 56-12 win over Montezuma-Cortez.
- 1A No. 1 Bennett continued its roll, beating Vail Christian 52-8. Bennett is averaging 54.5 points per game.
- 1A No. 3 Strasburg is 5-1 after a 57-20 win over Byers.
- 1A No. 2 Meeker is 6-0 after beating Grand Valley 34-7.
- 6-man No. 6 Kit Carson rolled to a 77-0 win over Branson/Kim. Kit Carson is now 5-1.
- 6-man No. 10 Genoa-Hugo is 4-2 after beating Edison 73-25.
- Far Northeast edged out a win over city foe Denver East in 5A, 28-27.