Austin Bertron threw three touchdown passes and Blayden Fletcher ran for another three as 6-man's No. 6-ranked North Park hung on to get a 41-36 win over No. 10 La Veta on Saturday.
Bertron totaled 240 yards through the air with Bryce Carlstrom on the receiving end of all of them.
The Wildcats (2-1 overall) jumped out to a 28-12 lead in the first half, but the Redskins (2-1) battled back in the second half. They trailed 41-20 entering the fourth quarter and put 16 points in the board in that span.
But it wasn't enough. The Wildcats didn't even need to score as their 41 points were good enough to hold up for the win.
(1) Pine Creek 21, Fountain-Fort Carson 7
Fountain-Fort Carson grabbed an early 7-0 lead, but David Moore III found the end zone three times to give the defending Class 4A state champions a 21-7 win on Saturday.
Dreden Bryant scored the first touchdown of the game, giving the Trojans the lead, but that the only time they would put points on the board.
1A: (8) Platte Canyon 22, Buena Vista 20
Platte Canyon entered the fourth quarter down by six points, but were able to eight on the board to grab a win over Buena Vista.
The Huskies move to 3-0 and travel to Center next week.
- Trailing at halftime, 8-man No. 9 Merino's defense held Rocky Mountain Lutheran scoreless in the second half to get a 26-20 win.
- 5A No. 10 Fairview jumped out to a 17-3 lead over Rocky Mountain halftime and went on to win 24-6.
- 5A No. 8 Cherry Creek took care of Arapahoe. Photos from the game are here.
- 2A No. 5 Platte Valley shut out Resurrection Christian 20-0.
- In 3A, Thomas Jefferson is now 3-0 after beating Alameda 56-0.
- Air Academy improved to 2-1 following a 47-0 win over Niwot in 4A.
- Hanover beat Elbert 50-6 in 6-man as Cody White threw three touchdowns. Dorian Pillsbury rushed for 171 yards and two touchdowns.