Bryson Long, Logan Sircy and the Peetz Bulldogs kicked off their 2017 football season in style.
Long, a junior, rushed for 178 yards and four touchdowns as his fourth-ranked team in 6-man beat North Park 63-13. He also threw 57-yard touchdown pass, and forced a fumble on defense.
Logan Sircy also contributed in a big way for the Bulldogs with three total touchdowns, including two receiving scores, as well as 11 tackles and an interception on defense. He also blocked a field goal.
The win was extra significant because North Park had upset No. 2 Fleming 31-25 in Zero Week.
On Thursday, Peetz jumped out to a 30-0 lead at halftime, then put up 33 more points in the third quarter.
Tre Fehringer also threw a touchdown pass for the Bulldogs, and Hunter White rushed for a score and intercepted a pass.
Gage Travis had 11 tackles on defense, including two for a loss.
5A: (10) Fairview 38, Horizon 14
Sophomore Aidan Atkinson had quite the debut for the Knights. The new quarterback threw for 359 yards and three touchdowns as No. 10 Fairview beat Horizon 38-14.
He most often found junior Bryce DesJardins, who caught nine passes for 159 yards and two touchdowns. Fellow junior Matt Greenwald also caught five passes for 111 yards and a score.
"It just feels like the chemistry is already there (with Atkinson) and we think it's going to continue to improve through the season with route-reading and whatnot," DesJardins told BoCoPreps.com after the game.
Senior Mariano Kemp also rushed for 143 yards and two touchdowns.
3A/4A: (4) Silver Creek 14, Dakota Ridge 0
Silver Creek held a slim 7-0 lead after three quarters, then got a sealing touchdown from Austin Knechtel late in the fourth quarter to secure a big win, according to BoCoPreps.com.
"I'm proud of the offense persevering through the second half and our defense shut them out, so we'll try to build on that piece," Silver Creek coach Mike Apodaca told the outlet.
- 5A No. 8 Columbine improved to 2-0 with a 38-13 win over Rocky Mountain.
- Grandview and Chaparral were tied at 7 after the first quarter, but the 5A No. 6 Wolves pulled away for a 21-7 win.
- Kennedy beat DPS rival George Washington for the first time since 2017 with a 42-7 win.
- Skyview pulled away to beat Centaurus 33-14. It was just a 13-12 lead in the second quarter.
- Clear Creek jumped out to a 22-0 lead at halftime and never looked back in beating Lake County 42-7 on a rainy night.
- It was the start of a new era for Golden football under Jared Yannacito, but Skyline pulled away with a 48-27 victory.
- Photos from the Skyline/Golden game.
- An updated top-10 scoreboard from Thursday's games, as well as Friday's schedule.
- A complete schedule and scoreboard for Week 1 games.
- We will have live coverage of Friday night's games starting at 7 p.m.