Eaglecrest knocked off third-ranked Grandview on Friday night, giving the No. 10 Raptors a key early win.
This marks the first time Eaglecrest has started 3-0 since the 2006 season.
Grandview had tied the game at 29 on a touchdown pass on fourth-and-18 early in the fourth quarter.
Victor Garnes had two rushing touchdown, a receiving score, and an interception to lead Eaglecrest.
4A: (9) Broomfield 37, (4) Windsor 25
The Eagles got a big early win for first-year coach Blair Hubbard.
3A: (4) Discovery Canyon 41, (1) Pueblo East 26
Discovery Canyon handled the defending champs, and handed the Eagles their first loss in 15 games. That streak was tied for the longest in the state.
"I was really happy with the way the guys played, and I thought they really stepped up to the challenge," Thunder coach Shawn Mitchell told the Colorado Preps Scoreboard Show.
Discovery Canyon is now 3-0 this season.
4A/5A: Fountain-Fort Carson 10, (3) Pine Creek 7 (OT)
Fountain-Fort Carson kicked a field goal in overtime to secure the win.
The two teams, who hadn't played since 2013, were tied at 7 at halftime, and it stayed that way in the second half.
Fountain-Fort Carson got the ball first in overtime, and settled for a field goal. Pine Creek didn't score when it got the ball.
3A: (2) Fort Morgan 45, (6) Holy Family 28
The Mustangs got a big game from Trey McBride as thto beat Holy Family.
Tate Kembel added two rushing TDs for Fort Morgan.
"It was a good win," Fort Morgan coach Harrison Chisum told the Scoreboard show. "The boys played out of their minds."
2A: (5) The Classical Academy 42, (4) D'Evelyn 14
The Titans handled the Jaguars in this top-5 showdown.
"They're a good team, and we're going to see them in November," coach David Bervig told the Scoreboard Show of D'Evelyn.
Austin Weingart and Rhys Ryba each had two touchdowns for the Titans.
"He is a weapon, and last year we had four (field goals) over 50 (yards) in key games, so I'm not worried about kicking a 60-yarder," Bervig said. "At 60, I think he can make those. ... He's a great weapon to have. He's a stud."
- No. 3 Longmont exploded for 21 second-quarter points to take a halftime lead, then held on to beat No. 5 Roosevelt 34-14 in a big 3A game. "They drove right down the field and scored on us on the first drive, and I was really proud of our kids and the way they bounced back," coach Doug Johnson told the Scoreboard Show. Find more photos from the game here.
- In a monster 6-man game, No. 1 Fleming beat No. 3 Arickaree/Woodlin 40-14. "We knew it would be tough in the beginning, we have a lot of new starters," coach John King told the Scoreboard Show. "This was a nice win for us because we really made some strides from the first couple of weeks."
- 2A No. 10 Eaton needed overtime, but it beat Brush 23-20.
- Fossil Ridge beat city rival Poudre 35-28 in overtime.
- Perkins County (Neb.) snapped 8-man No. 1 Sedgwick County's winning streak at 15 games with a 34-28 win.
- 1A No. 5 Bennett beat No. 9 Ellicott 22-14. "We absorbed their blows early in the game and were able to get some things established and move on down the road," coach Rick Jacoby told the Scoreboard Show.
- 4A No. 4 Vista Ridge snuck past Dakota Ridge 24-22. "We got away with this one, but we played a good football team," Vista Ridge coach Jerimi Calip told the Scoreboard Show. A photo gallery is available here.
- 3A No. 7 Lewis-Palmer took care of rival Palmer Ridge, 51-9.
- 3A No. 10 Erie won a shootout with Northridge and avoided the upset with a 45-41 victory.
- An upset in 6-man: Weldon Valley beat No. 10 Briggsdale 39-36.
- The bell rings red as Pueblo Centennial beat Pueblo Central in the oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi. Tons of great photos from that game are here.
- One week after its teams were involved in a bus crash, Legacy returned to the field — and won.
- In 5A, No. 1 Pomona beat its rival (and No. 9) Ralston Valley. Photos from that game.
- Ponderosa shut out Gateway on Friday night. A photo gallery is here.
- Photos from Fountain-Fort Carson beating Pine Creek.
- A photo gallery of Longmont beating Roosevelt.
- Photos from Vista Ridge/Dakota Ridge.
- An updated top-10 scoreboard after Friday's games.
- A complete scoreboard from Friday, as well as Saturday's schedule.
- Replay the night through our live coverage.