The annual winter break which gives athletic teams a chance to rest and spend time with their families over the holidays is here.
As such, no games, meets or matches are allowed to be played from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1, according to CHSAA bylaws. But voluntary practices will be allowed Dec. 28-31.
Here is the breakdown of dates for winter athletes:
- Dec. 24-Jan. 1: No games, meets or matches permitted.
- Dec. 24-27: No contact or practice permitted.
- Dec. 28-31: Contact and voluntary practice permitted.
- Jan. 1: No contact or practice permitted.
- Jan. 2: Season resumes as it was prior to the break. Full practices, games, meets and matches permitted.
It should be noted that the Dec. 28-31 period of practices are voluntary, and no coach can mandate an athlete attend.
For out-of-season (spring and fall) athletes, no contact is allowed from Dec. 24 through Jan. 1.