- Administrative Assistant – Colorado High School Activities Association
- Job Purpose – To provide administrative support to Bethany Brookens, Assistant Commissioner.
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public, answer phones, route calls, manage mailings, and work with a team of individuals.
- Assist with and learn to have a highly proficient understanding of the Association’s sanctioned sports and activities.
- Facilitate event registration and assist with event execution.
- Produce minutes from various CHSAA Committee meetings.
- Help organize and coordinate multiple meetings and conferences throughout the year.
- Edit, create, and proofread specific athletic and event specific publications.
- Troubleshoot computer and IT issues within the office.
- Produce and edit personnel documents and policy handbooks.
- Responsible for assisting all the administrators and administrative assistants, as needed.
- Maintain appropriate and confidential interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, parents, and school representatives.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Highly proficient and confident with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient with computers and willingness to learn different computer databases.
- Proficient in social media marketing and promotions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated self-motivator; must possess impeccable time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and have innovative ideas.
- Ability to represent the Association in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Passionate about high school sports and activities, and an understanding of athletic tournament brackets is beneficial.
- Commensurate with qualifications
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA); Medical, Dental and Vision Plans; Sick Leave; Vacation; Life Insurance Survivor Benefit.
- Forward a cover letter, a current resume, a list of three to five references (no letters, but include title, address and phone numbers).
- Include current salary of present position.
Bud Ozzello, Assistant Commissioner
14855 E. 2nd Avenue
Aurora, CO 80011
TIMELINE, APPLICATION PROCESS
- Opening announced: May 21, 2015
- Deadline for receipt of applications: June 2, 2015
- Conclude initial screening of applicants: June 4, 2015
- Conclude interview of applicants: June 10, 2015
- Announce selection of Administrative Assistant: June 12, 2015
- Position will start with the July fiscal year