COLORADO HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATION
NOTICE OF POSITION OPENING
- Administrative Assistant – Colorado High School Activities Association
- Job Purpose – To provide administrative support to Bethany Brookens, Assistant Commissioner.
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public, answer phones, route calls, manage mailings, and work with a team of individuals.
- Assist with and learn to have a highly proficient understanding of the Association’s sanctioned sports and activities.
- Facilitate event registration and assist with event execution.
- Produce minutes from various CHSAA Committee meetings.
- Help organize and coordinate multiple meetings and conferences throughout the year.
- Troubleshoot computer and IT issues within the office.
- Produce and edit personnel documents and policy handbooks.
- Responsible for assisting all the administrators and administrative assistants, as needed.
- Maintain appropriate and confidential interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, parents, and school representatives.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient with computers and willingness to learn different computer databases.
- Proficient in social media marketing and promotions.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated self-motivator; strong organization is a must.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and have innovative ideas.
- Ability to represent the Association in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Passionate about high school sports and activities.
- Commensurate with qualifications
- Public Employees Retirement Association; Medical, Dental and Vision Plans; Sick Leave; Vacation; Life Insurance Survivor Benefit.
- (No application form) Forward a cover letter, a current resume, a list of three to five references (no letters, but include title, address and phone numbers). Include current salary of present position.
Bud Ozzello, Assistant Commissioner (303) 344-5050
14855 E. 2nd Avenue
Aurora, CO 80011
TIMELINE, APPLICATION PROCESS
Opening announced: April 28, 2014
Deadline for receipt of applications: May 16, 2014
Conclude initial screening of applicants: May 23, 2014
Conclude interview of applicants: June 2, 2014
Announce selection of Administrative Assistant: June 6, 2014