CHSAA has an opening for an administrative assistant position within the office. See below for more information.
- Administrative Assistant – Colorado High School Activities Association
- Job Purpose – To provide administrative support to Harry Waterman, Assistant Commissioner.
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public, answer phones, route calls, conduct mailings, and work with a team of individuals.
- Assist with and learn to have a highly proficient understanding of the Association’s sanctioned sports and activities.
- Facilitate event registration and assist with event execution.
- Produce minutes from CHSAA Committee meetings.
- Maintain the building use reservations in addition to office, staff, and school calendars.
- Troubleshoot computer and IT issues within the office.
- Produce and edit written personnel documents and policy handbooks.
- Responsible for assisting the administrators as needed.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, parents, and school representatives.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with computers and willingness to learn different computer databases.
- Proficient in social media use and promotions.
- Must possess strong phone skills and ability to communicate with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated self-motivator.
- Ability to multi-task, works well under pressure, and has innovative ideas.
- Ability to represent the Association in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Passionate about high school sports and activities.
- Commensurate with qualifications
- Public Employees Retirement Association; Medical, Dental and Vision Plans; Sick Leave; Vacation; Life Insurance Survivor Benefit.
- (No application form) Forward a cover letter, a current resume, a list of three to five references (no letters, but include title, address and phone numbers). Include current salary of present position.
SUBMIT TO: Bud Ozzello, Assistant Commissioner (303) 344-5050
14855 E. 2nd Avenue
Aurora, CO 80011
TIMELINE, APPLICATION PROCESS
- Opening announced: November 7, 2013
- Deadline for receipt of applications: November 24, 2013
- Conclude initial screening of applicants: November 25, 2013
- Conclude interview of applicants: December 11, 2013
- Announce selection of Administrative Assistant: December 13, 2013