The schedule for the Class 2A state volleyball tournament.
A total of 12 teams will play in four pools with the winners advancing to a championship bracket.
In the 2A and 1A tournaments, eight teams qualify as regional winners, and four others are Wild Card teams. Criteria for Wild Card teams:
- Teams must have participated in regionals in order to be considered.
- Teams were selected straight off of the MaxPreps rankings published the Sunday after regionals.
- After regional winners, the next four teams in those MaxPreps rankings were selected as Wild Card teams — so long as they participated in regionals.
2A Wild Card teams:
State seeding/pairing criteria:
- The MaxPreps ranking published Oct. 28 will be the primary seeding consideration.
- If there are three teams from the same league in the same pool, the committee shall look to make a switch. The committee should first look to switch teams seeded Nos. 9-12.
Pool Play Standings
One team per pool advances to the semifinals.
|5||Sangre de Cristo||1||1|
Play begins at 8 a.m. each day. Matches begin 8 minutes following the completion of the match prior.
|2||IV||Sangre de Cristo||1||Yuma||3|
|1||IV||Paonia||0||Sangre de Cristo||3|
Pool I winner faces Pool IV winner; Pool II winner faces Pool III winner.
Semifinals will start immediately following pool play on Saturday. All finals will begin at 7 p.m.