Weather contingencies for state softball this weekend

This is a reminder that according to the Colorado High School Activities Association Bylaw 5010, we will utilize the first available day to conclude tournament games in the case of unplayable fields.

The Aurora weather forecast for Friday is calling for 54 degree temperatures with a chance of rain/snow.

If games are postponed or delayed on Friday (Oct. 18) or Saturday (Oct. 19), the bracket will be moved to Saturday (Oct. 19) with the conclusion of the tournament on Sunday (Oct. 20). The Aurora Sports Park has been reserved for complexes to be available to complete the tournament. The basic philosophy of this tournament is to push game times back until we can get on the field. If we must postpone, we will attempt to maintain the game time schedules.

All schools will need to communicate this information to their players, parents, administrators and fans. will be updated with complete and current information with any delays and or postponements.

Update, Oct. 18: The first day of the tournament has been delayed to Saturday. More information is available here.