A major piece to our plan for the 2013-14 school year is live coverage. And you'll get your first taste of it next Friday during Zero Week.
First and foremost, get familiar with our Live Coverage hub. You'll find it at chsaanow.com/live. There, we will list our upcoming live events, as well as archive past coverage.
So, what will we be doing? For starters, we'll be all over Friday night football from Zero Week through the end of the season. Some weeks, we'll host the chat from a big game. Other times, we'll host it from our office. But you can always expect the same features:
- Live updates and scores from around the state. This is thanks in large part to our partnership with MaxPreps (our official stat partner) and their Qwixcore functionality. Everything will feed into a scrolling scoreboard.
- CHSAA.tv integration. Our network is live-streaming games around the state.
- Reader interaction. At a game? Comment on your phone. Looking for a score? Ask for it.
- Multimedia. Photos and video from games as they're happening.
- Aggregated updates from Twitter users around the state using the #copreps hashtag.
- Behind-the-scenes access and insights.
- And much more.
The football season technically gets underway with Silver Creek's Zero Week game in Florida next Thursday. But, with 16 games slated for next Friday, we will open our live coverage for the season then.
Aside from football, we're also planning live coverage from major state championship events, such as the softball playoffs or the state volleyball tournament.
Bottom line? If a major event is happening in Colorado high school sports, you'll find live coverage of it here.