Once again, CHSAA is holding a contest to sing the national anthem prior to the Class 4A and 5A football championship games.
This season's games are Nov. 29 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
This is the second year in a row CHSAA is holding this contest. Last year's contest garnered more than 18,000 votes. Eventually, Buena Vista's Claire Erickson was selected as the winner.
Here is the process and important dates for the contest:
- Entries will be accepted through Oct. 28
- On Oct. 28, CHSAA staff will narrow all entries to 10 semifinalists
- An online vote of the 10 semifinalists will take place from Oct. 29-Nov. 12
- The vote will narrow the field to three finalists, and CHSAA staff will pick the winner by Nov. 14
Official contest rules:
- Singers must be current students at a CHSAA member school
- Groups will be allowed — but limited to five (5) total members
- Singers must be available on Nov. 29
- All entries must be of the singer(s) performing the national anthem.
- Winner(s) will also receive a ticket to the game
- The choral group from Niwot HS has won the contest.
- Chiara Degenhardt (Ouray), Mykayla Krentz (Wiley) were the other finalists.
- More than 23,000 votes were cast in selecting the three finalists.