This year, CHSAA is holding a contest to sing the national anthem prior to the 4A and 5A football championship games.
The championship games are Nov. 30 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.
Here's how the contest will work:
- Entries will be accepted through Nov. 18
- On Nov. 18, CHSAA staff will narrow all entries down to five finalists
- An online vote among the five finalists will take place Nov. 19-24. Voting will end at 7 p.m. on Nov. 24. (Note: The voting window has been updated due to logistics of the championship week.)
- The winner will be announced on Nov. 25
Official contest rules:
- Singers must be current high school students
- Groups will be allowed -- but limited to five (5) total members
- Singers must be available on Nov. 30
- All entries must be of the singer(s) performing the national anthem.
- Winner(s) will also receive a ticket to the game
With our finalists named, the vote to determine the winner will begin on Tuesday.
Qirsten Carter, Sand Creek.
Claire Erickson, Buena Vista.
Kylie Griggs, Sarah Hoogerwerf, Brenna Sauer and Alex Van Velkinburgh; St. Mary's Academy.
Monica Valdez, Pueblo County.
Kate Yeash, Monarch.
Voting has ended. Claire Erickson has won.