Welcome back, hoops fans! As we discussed in our mid-week report our focus this week will be on the little things that help teams win, the "Dirty Work!"
The Fever Crew received a ton of positive feedback on the angle and we're excited to dig into a bit more of our unsung heroes. Let's get to the rest of Week 7!
The Look Back
Thursday, Jan. 18
- Montbello (FNE) and Lotus S/E got things started post mid-week with Kansas tourney action! Sindou Cisse scoring potential has been documented but with our "dirty work" theme Malik Fofanna caught our eye with 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 4 steals in the "Bellos" blow out win in Colby, KS.
- Sam Bannec doesn't always lead the scoring for Regis because he's the type to do whatever the team needs to win but he led the charge for Regis' comeback over DougCo.
- Avery Remboa was all over with 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals but it wasn't enough as Loveland came up short vs. Monarch by 15.
- In more Kansas tourney play Falcon took on Hutchinson and our Crew sights some serious dirty work from Mitchell Ballage's 12 points, 10 rebounds, in the 14 point win.
- We see you Lucas Lacy, 3 rebounds, 1 steal and 10 BIG ASSISTS will always stand out on our unselfish "dirty work" radar! Lacy, the senior, getting it done in Widefield's 21-point win over Harrison.
- Senior Joshua Frankmore, getting "dirty work" done for Classical Academy in their big 13-point road win at Sierra leading four players with 14 points and 3 rebounds!
- Ok, Ok....when you're the top team in the state you get exceptions! Sam Masten's overall game is off the charts and even though he's spotlighted regularly we can't help but recognize 27 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals!! "Stat-Stuffin", "Dirty Work", "Monsta" double-double...Whatever you wanna call it - Big Sam got it done in this win over Ponderosa.
- Highlands Ranch, No. 10 in 5A, continues it's winning ways and continues to change the Continental landscape with a win at Legend! "Dirty Work", quietly improving!
- Our Fever Crew talked about that baseball stud, Bryce Matthews, in "Dirty Work" Edition - Part 1...but there's another Wolverine who scored 15 on this night and does all the little things to help Chap win consistently! He's only a soph, but PG Kobe Sanders will be a FORCE in years to come and his 15 points (all 3 pointers!) in Chap's 23-point win over Castle View is just a sign of what's ahead for this young man.
- Can you call it quiet "Dirty Work" when 4A No. 2 Pueblo South takes it to Pueblo Central 81-35!?? Colts "D-Fence" allowed 2 points in the second quarter and 7 in fourth! With their offensive talent this time of defense makes them very scary come March.
Friday, Jan. 19
- Montbello (FNE) and Fountain-Fort Carson found each other across the border in the Colby, KS tourney and again it was another "Bellos" senior doing the dirty work along with some scoring punch in Ryan Booker's 19 points and 2 rebounds. Warriors win 44-37.
- Everyone did scoring in bunches as Lincoln blew out Denver West but we like the dirty work stat line of senior Shyreef Robbins 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals. Doing a bit of it all!
- Speaking of "work", how about senior Caleb Blackburn of Discovery Canyon's 13 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and 1 steal in the win over Vista Ridge.
- Windsor has battled their way into the 4A top 10 at No. 9 and earn a 7 point win over Berthoud.
- Silver Creek's Trent Dykema kept it rolling with another "30-piece" in scoring but how about 19-21 free throws!?? Double digit rebounds? Oh, senior Erik Grossaint pulled down 13 to go along with his 20 point double-double.
- Senior Luke Johnson "gettin dirty" with 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals in No. 4 Longmont's win over Northridge by 19!
- Thompson Valley entered the 4A top 10 last week but Greeley Central didn't mind handing them a loss anyway and we like Xavier Bonham's line of 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals in the win.
- There must be dirty work in 4A top 10 action between Evergreen and Valor, right? In a tight 5-point win by the Eagles sophomore R. Rosengarten stepped up with 4 offensive and 11 defensive rebounds!
- Great week of hoops for Eaglecrest who got a close 1-point win over high flying Smoky Hill. Xaivon Jackson is leading the squad in rebounds, assists, and steals from the PG spot! The Raptors have gotten a few top 10 votes in previous weeks and are knocking on the door.
- Lane Sherwood scored 14 for Pueblo County but not nearly enough as No. 2 Pueblo South rolls 70-41.
- Greg Bennett, a junior for Pueblo Centennial, had a workman like line of 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals but again down south No. 3 Pueblo West pulled away by more than 30.
- The Fever Crew heard the critics about Overland joining the coaches poll with a losing record but the turn around streak they're on cannot be denied and the Blazers get another team effort/win with R. Clark III leading the scoring with 14 this time.
- Usually not the leading scorer for No. 1 Lewis-Palmer, junior Noah Baca scored 11, added 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 steals in the 15-point win over Air Academy.
- Four players in double digit scoring and Adam Thistlewood added 10 rebounds in Golden's win by 15 over Green Mountain.
- Doherty gave Regis all they could handle led by Alijah Bates 24 points on the road but the Raiders Sam Bannec was huge with 19 points and 6 rebounds in the win.
Saturday, Jan. 20
- Centennial league wins are as tough as ever this season and Grandview got another over Cherry Creek. Everyone contributed to the team win but how about this dirty work: 6 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 2 deflections from soph Caleb McGill!
- It would take a huge effort to knock off unbeaten No. 1 Lewis-Palmer and Liberty got just that from Sean Bohuslavsky who dropped 28 big points and senior Moz Doria was all over the "dirty work" with 9 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals in the huge win for the Lancers. The Fever Crew doesn't expect Lewis-Palmer to fall far after their first loss coming to a 5A squad.
- Well hello, Kirk Relford! The Windsor senior capped a great week for the Wizards with a 30 point, 4 rebound, 3 assists, 2 steal effort in the 30-point win over Roosevelt.
- Vista Peak was in need of a signature win and they got it at home over No. 6 Silver Creek. Te'Rae Jackson has been averaging 17 points per game for the Bison who pulled off the big upset.
- Brendan LaRose with a "monsta" 17 rebounds in the finale of the "Orange & Black" Tourney Classic in Kolby, KS vs. Montbello (FNE) and he also chipped in 19 points for good measure for Falcon!
- In the week's finale, Denver East battled Bellevue West (Nebraska) and Daylen Kountz introduced himself to the NE fans with a 23 point, 6 rebound, 4 assists, 2 steal performance in the Angels 8 point road win!
The Look Ahead
Monday, Jan. 22
- Falcon & Air Academy down south...
- Denver East & Eaglecrest annual get down! Both playing well.
- Improving Discovery Canyon vs. Cheyenne Mountain.
Tuesday, Jan. 23
- Denver East vs. Kennedy in the city.
- Watch out Heritage! No. 1 Rock Canyon's comin' your way!
- Silver Creek vs. Centaurus.
- Greeley West vs. Boulder.
- T-Ridge & Castle View, Continental!
- Doherty vs. Fountain-Fort Carson. Spartans are 12-3!
- Longmont & Thompson Valley in top 4A action...
- Chaparral vs. Highlands Ranch, love it!
- Pueblo South & Pueblo West "Braggin Rights!" Top 5 4A
Wednesday, Jan. 24
- Cherry Creek & Smoky Hill Centennial Tangle!
- Hot Overland hosts Arap.
- Eaglecrest/CT in more Aurora action.
- Grandview, now 12-3, heads to Mullen.
- Valor, post Vegas strong & Standley Lake
- GW & Lincoln in the city! Can Lancers slow "en fuego" Patriots?
- Lewis-Palmer & Palmer Ridge another good one!
Thursday, Jan. 25
- Sierra & Widefield should be good, Springs!
- Liberty & Doherty another southern battle..
- Highlands Ranch huge Continental test vs. Regis.
Friday, Jan. 26
- Grandview/Smoky Hill...IT'S ON!
- D-South tries to test GW.
- Thomas Jefferson annual tangle with East.
- Longmont vs. Centaurus.
- Eaglecrest/Overland meaningful Centennial stuff!
- Discovery Canyon vs. Air Academy.
- Lewis-Palmer & Sand Creek rematch.
- Don't sleep on Vista Peak, Rangeview! A-Town fun.
- Golden/D'evelyn top 4A ball!
- Pueblo South putting up points eyes P-Centennial.
Saturday, Jan. 27
- It's ThunderDome time: Da Bellos vs. Denver East
- Fountain-Fort Carson vs. Pine Creek for your southern Saturday.
- ThunderRidge takes it show to Legend.
- Longmont/Roosevelt both double digit win squads!
- Lewis-Palmer & Erie.
- Littleton takes on Valor.
Get out and enjoy the action, folks! Our top players/squads, along with our unsung heroes who do the "Dirty Work" deserve our attention!