Dairy farm families across Colorado, Wyoming and Montana support the Colorado High School Activities Association. Through their support, your team could win funds to purchase white and chocolate milk for your athletes for the entire season.
If your student athletes aren’t fueling up with milk, this is a great opportunity to get started!
The newest research is compelling! In fact, both white and chocolate milk provide key nutrients athletes need after exercise.
- Milk is 90% water and a great tasting choice after practice and games. Milk’s fluids and electrolytes, including calcium, potassium and magnesium, rehydrate the body and replenish what is lost in sweat.
- Carbohydrates in milk refuel muscles and replenish glycogen (energy) stores.
- High-quality protein aids in muscle recovery and repair.
- Calcium, Vitamin D and phosphorus build and maintain strong bones.
- Milk provides potassium to help ward off muscle cramping.
- B vitamins in milk help convert food to energy.
The Fuel up with Milk grant will provide the following:
- Cash to purchase milk (both white and chocolate) for your team to replenish after practices and games for the entire sport season. Cash value based on the size of the team applying for the grant ($40 per athlete).
- Soft-sided cooler for easy milk transport (perfect for travel days, practices and home games).
- Promotional items: Fuel Up with Milk banner (to hang at the home facility), 1 program ad, content for a PSA and educational materials for teams/athletes.
Download the grant application at WesternDairyAssociation.org. Print, complete and mail back to WDA.
Application MUST be postmarked by January 12, 2018 for spring sports.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com, 1-800-274-6455, 303-451-7711 or visit www.WesternDairyAssociation.org.