Senior quarterback Zach Cozzolino had a monster game on Saturday as Pueblo South continued its great season.
Cozzolino threw for 297 yards and six touchdowns on 14-of-24 passing as the Colts, No. 9 in Class 4A, beat Liberty 48-16. Pueblo South is now 6-1.
This is the Colts' best start since going 10-2 in 2014. That year, Pueblo South went 9-1 in the regular season and advanced to the 4A quarterfinals.
Steve Brock rushed for 94 yards and a touchdown for Pueblo South, while Marcell Barbee, Thomas Pannunzio and Jesse Anzar each had two receiving scores. Barbee (115 yards) and Anzar (109) each had more than 100 yards receiving.
Pueblo South plays at Cheyenne Mountain next week. Liberty (0-7) is at Sand Creek.
- 6-man No. 2 Prairie beat No. 6 North Park 52-12.
- 4A No. 8 Fruita Monument stayed unbeaten at 7-0 with a 48-6 win over Thornton.
- 5A No. 3 Pomona rolled to a 42-7 win over Hinkley. The Panthers are 5-2.
- 3A No. 7 Faith Christian beat D'Evelyn 14-7 and is now 6-1.
- 1A No. 7 Platte Canyon is still unbeaten at 6-0 after topping Manual 37-22.
- Gilpin County, No. 8 in 8-man, shutout Hayden 38-0 and moved to 6-1. Manny Gomez had 15 tackles.
- Poudre improved to 5-2 with a 29-19 win over Legend in 5A.
- In 8-man, Rocky Mountain Lutheran beat Belleview Christian 58-0 and is now 5-2.