Cherry Creek football coach Dave Logan set the career record for wins at the Class 5A level on Thursday night.
Logan's Bruins beat Denver East 56-28. It was his 252nd career win, passing former Cherry Creek coach Fred Tesone, who won 251 games from 1962-89.
Logan is now 252-62 in his career, which has included stops at Arvada West, Chatfield, Mullen and now Cherry Creek. He now sits in sixth place on the all-time wins list, just behind former Loveland coach John Poovey.
West Grand's Chris Brown and Kent Denver's Scott Yates — both active coaches — hold the all-time wins record with 321.
Two weeks ago, Logan won the 250th game of his career.
- 5A No. 4 Regis Jesuit cruised to 6-1 this season with a 47-0 win over Douglas County.
- 5A No. 8 Grandview rolled past Smoky Hill 47-0.
- 4A No. 4 Loveland is still unbeaten (7-0) following a 63-0 win over Niwot.
- 3A No. 1 Mead (7-0) had another big win, this team beating a Frederick team that entered at 5-1. Mead won, 36-17.
- 3A No. 3 Erie is also 7-0 after beating Holy Family 43-21.
- 3A No. 7 Longmont is continuing its climb. The Trojans, now 4-3, beat Centaurus 61-19. Quarterback Oakley Dehning threw two touchdowns, and Cruz Garcia ran for three.
- 6-man No. 9 Genoa-Hugo beat Colorado Deaf & Blind 60-0.
- Check out Standley Lake, now 6-1 after a 42-24 win over Wheat Ridge. Quarterback Alex France threw two touchdowns and ran for another, and Ty Webber rushed for three touchdowns and 236 yards.
- 5A No. 6 Columbine looked sharp in a win over No. 7 Mullen.
- 4A No. 3 Pine Creek got a big effort from its defense in a win over No. 7 Pueblo West.
- An updated top-10 football scoreboard, and Friday's top-10 schedule.
- A full scoreboard from Thursday, and Friday's full slate.
- Updated RPI standings.
- Live coverage of Friday's games starts at 7 p.m.
- At 9:30 p.m., listen to the Colorado Preps Scoreboard Show.