Pueblo Central football snapped a 15-game losing streak on Saturday.
Nico Martin ran for three touchdowns as Pueblo Central beat Glenwood Springs 27-17.
The Wildcats grabbed a 21-7 lead in the second half, but the Demons were able to battle back and pull to within four points thanks to a 30-yard field goal.
But just as he had been the hero on offense all day, Martin shut down any hopes that Glenwood had of making a full comeback as he picked off a pass late in the fourth quarter to seal the win.
— Orman Army (@OrmanArmy) September 30, 2017
5A: Far Northeast 45, Adams City 14
The Warriors are now 3-2 after snapping a two-game losing streak.
Their three wins this season under new coach Tony Lindsay Sr. match the program's combined total wins from 2014-16.
- Bradley Clabey had three passing touchdowns and two more rushing to help 1A No. 9 Crowley County beat Rocky Ford 40-8.
- Noah Williams rushed for four touchdowns as 2A No. 10 Basalt shut out Steamboat Springs 48-0.
- Trevor Milne had 132 yards and three touchdowns rushing, Ryan Davis added three total touchdowns, and 8-man No. 9 Sargent beat Sangre de Cristo 58-0.
- Tre Fehringer threw three touchdowns, Hunter White rushed for two, and 6-man No. 1 Peetz beat Briggsdale 49-8.
- 1A No. 7 Platte Canyon is 4-0 following a 43-22 win over Vail Christian.
- 8-man No. 7 Fowler moved to 5-0 with a 52-0 win over Custer County.
- 6-man No. 5 Prairie is also 5-0. The Mustangs beat Primero 63-0.
- 6-man No. 6 Kit Carson beat Flagler 38-14. The Wildcats are 4-1.
- Buena Vista picked up its first win this season by beating Lake County 42-16.