On January 26, the Legislative Council will meet in Aurora. Below is information about the meeting, including links to the agenda and proposals that will be considered.
Where: Radisson Denver Southeast (3155 S. Vaughn Way, Aurora)
Wednesdasy, January 25, 2017
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. - New Legislative Council Orientation (Conifer)
- 5-6:15 p.m. - Reception for Hall of Fame Inductees (Main Lobby)
- 6:30 p.m. - Hall of Fame Banquet (Grand Ballroom)
Thursday, January 26, 2017
- 7:45-8:30 a.m. - Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. - Meeting Convenes (Arapahoe/Douglas)
- 10 a.m. - Coffee/Tea/Soft Drink Break
- 11:45 a.m. - Lunch
- 1 p.m. - Meeting Reconvenes
Note: Constitutional Proposals require 2/3 vote for approval; Administrative and Sport Proposals requires majority vote for approval, unless otherwise noted.
|CON 1||Affiliated School Membership||(Board of Directors)|
|CON 2||New School Membership||(Board of Directors)|
|ADM 1||Classification of Schools (Boys Soccer)||(Black Forest)|
|ADM 2||Booster Club - Responsibility of Schools||(Board of Directors)|
Action items — Committee reports
Note: Require majority vote for approval, unless otherwise noted. Some committees reported at the January meeting. Those are noted.
|ADM-1||Budget/Property Administration (first reading)||(Jeff Durbin)|
|ADM-2||Classification and League Organizing Committee||(Randy Holmen)|
|ADM-3||Coaching Education Registration Advisory (CERAC)||(Derek Chaney)|
|ADM-5||Officials' fees||(Glenda Bates)|
|ADM-7||Tournament and Playoff Finance||April|
|ACT-3||Student Leadership||(Rashaan Davis)|
|S-3||Cross Country||(Rick Macias)|
|S-3a||Change 5A regions||(Southwestern)|
|S-4||Field Hockey||(Richard Judd)|
|S-16||Track and Field||April|
Nominations - Board of Directors
- Replacement for Rick Mondt, CASE, Superintendent: Will be determined in February
- Replacement for Jim Thyfault, District 4: Will be from the Colorado 7 League.
- Replacement for Eddie Hartnett, District 6: Will be from the 5280 League.
- Replacement for Rick Macias, District 9: Will be from the Arkansas Valley League.
- Replacement for Kathleen Leiding, At Large: Will be determined by CHSAA.
Letters of interest for the CHSAA Board President are due to Commissioner Paul Angelico by Jan. 10, 2017.